Thank You, STEM Judges!!!!

Lutherville recently welcomed over 30 judges from the local STEM community, including the Greater Baltimore Medical Center, the Space Telescope Institute, Towson University, and Sun Trust Bank.

After enjoying  luncheon provided by families of our 4th and 5th graders, our volunteer  judges reviewed the scoring criteria and judging questions with staff members, then headed to the classrooms for an afternoon of discussion with our student scientists.

We are so appreciative of the time that our judges shared with our students and their willingness to be an authentic audience for our students.  The opportunity to share their learning with professionals from the STEM Fields is invaluable to our next generation of scientists, engineers, and mathematicians.

38 Comments

1. Zoe R.

Yes, Thank You! It was really a great experience having the judges come to our school. The judges were very nice to talk to and I think really our projects. Also I loved how everyone got the chance to talk to two judges. Once again thank you so much for bringing a great experience to our school’s 4th and 5th grade.

2. Ben G.

THANK YOU FOR COMING! The thing that I really liked about the judges that they were kind about critiquing the projects and they were also reasonable with their questions.

3. Lucy W.

4/21 2017

Thank you for judging my partner and I’s experiment! I loved answering your questions and talking to you! An even bigger thank you for exiting your jobs to come see our investigations! STEM Fair was very enjoyable and I hope to see you again in middle school! You all were very kind.

4. Ollie H.

Thank you to all of the judges for coming to Lutherville to judge all of the 5th graders stem boards and power points that we all worked so hard on. We appreciate all of you very much for, being so polite and leaving your jobs and taking a day off of your jobs to judge our stem boards.

5. Crystal W.

I enjoyed the STEM fair experience very much. The judges were very friendly and my team had a great time. They were very enthusiastic about our ideas, thoughts, and our project. One thing I like the most was that the atmosphere was light and we were comfortable talking to them. I think that it was a valuable moment for me and I look forward to doing it again next year.

6. Annie S.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to judge us students. I enjoyed having you judges at my school, you all were very kind. I was very nervous at first but once judging was over with, I realized that you judges helped me get through my nervousness. Once again, thank you so much.

7. Lucia B.

I really enjoyed STEM Judging. I felt very comfortable around the judges. I am glad that they sacrificed their work time just to judge our STEM projects. I had Mr. Kohlman, and I felt very comfortable with him. I’m sure my team did too. I am glad that he asked interesting questions, and didn’t just read off of the paper. I also had another judge, whose name I forgot, but she was really sweet and nice, and she always smiled. Thanks you STEM judges, me and my team had a blast talking to you!

8. Grayson B.

Thank You! Thanks for coming and judging our STEAM Fair projects. You guys left work to come. You guys came and paid attention to our projects, care about them, and were nice us. Thanks for coming and judging us.

9. Shiqi Y.

Thank you STEM judges for coming and judging our STEAM projects. We liked all the positive feedback from you and how you took time from work to come and give us feedback on our boards. I also appreciate you giving us your advice on our boards.

10. Filip M.

The thing that I really liked about the judges is that they were kind and paid attention. They were reasonable and understood our projects. At first, I was very nervous, then when they came, I wasn’t nervous anymore. They asked great questions that made sense. Thank you for coming to judge us!

11. Sheila K.

I enjoyed both of our judges that came to our board “Lights, CAMERA, SOUND!” I loved how the first judge was starting with our PowerPoint so we can show her some of our slides that answered the questions. Then, in the end she told us some the questions that was not answered in the PowerPoint. She was nice, caring, funny sometimes, and really listening to what our group had to say for our project. Then, we had our second judge, he was very nice when we finished explaining our project. He complemented us and told us he hopes to see us in the STEM Nationals. Our group was so excited for the results because of the complements he told us. Finally, I thank all of the judges that came to Lutherville Lab for STEM and the two judges that came to Mrs.Zagurski’s room that interviewed us in STEM! Also, for taking time off of work and spending your time with us. THANK YOU, STEM JUDGES!

12. Laila H.

Thank you STEM judges! 5th graders want to thank you for coming and judging our projects. We enjoyed hearing your opinion on our boards. My team really appreciates the positive feedback. Thank you for coming to our school on your time.

13. Colleen B.

Thank you, STEM fair judges!
    Thank you for coming to our school to help grade our projects. I liked that you were very interested in our projects. It was kind of you to give up your day to come and judge our projects.
    From Colleen

14. Darrell P.

Thank you for coming to our school. I liked that the judges were nice and what they asked were good questions. The stem fair judges coming to the school was a good experience for me. So thank you stem fair judges for coming to our school.

15. Aaliyah R.

Hi my name is Aaliyah a 5th grader and I was one of the ones going around taking pictures, of the 5th grade STEM fair project. Also I got so group pictures too! The most important part to capture was when you were meeting with the different groups. So I really didn’t do STEM fair project because I came to late in year and they already started on it. But it was interesting to see you guys and what kind of things you asked the groups. It was just exciting to just see real professional scientist at my new school!
    Well if was up to me I would have like to do a science fair project, but it wasn’t my choice! It would have been over whelming though but it would have been support cool too!

Sincerely,
    Aaliyah R.

16. Devon E.

I was not here but I still thank you. It is cool how you guys took one day off of work to come and judge for our school. I thank you guys for coming.

17. Addison C.

Thank You, STEM Judges!
    We hope you enjoyed coming to our STEM Fair! I loved hearing the feedback from the judges and what they had to say about my project with my teammate, Lucy. This was a very fun experience because we had to answer good questions given by the judges. Thank you for judging my project

18. Isabella M.

I wasn’t there for the judging but what I heard it was great. Thank you for coming to our school to judge our STEM FAIR and for taking your time to come here and listen to us speak and answer questions. It sound like everyone else had a fantastic time. I was glad to hear all the great responds, I hope you had a great time too. Thank you!!

19. Jackson H.

The stem fair judging was fun I had a good time meeting and getting to know all of the judges. We thank all of the judges for getting off work.

20. Dylan S.

Thank you STEM judges, for coming to our school and judging our projects that we worked so hard on! Thanks for taking time off of your work, just to help us. I am so grateful that you did this for us!

Thank you again! Dylan S.

21. Dante

Thank you stem fair judges for saying we did well in our stem fair projects. We told you what we did and you gave us many compliments. I feel like my team’s going to win the stem fair this year. Our work made us feel confident about the judging. We practiced the question so we can prepare for you. We thank you for the really nice compliments.

22. Kyle C.

Thank you for taking time off of your jobs to judge my project, The Electro-magnetic Force. It was a lot better than I expected. When I thought of someone judging my project, I thought someone was going to strictly hover over me, polishing everything possible, and creating a lot of pressure. Instead, you weren’t serious and strict at all! Some of you didn’t wear a suit and tie and stuff. You didn’t even polish or criticize much at all! You were really nice, and I ended out playing outside for recess to play with my friends! That day, it was really sunny, really fun, and made a really great experience! Thank you!
    From, Kyle.

23. Edith R.

Thank you STEM judges! You were so nice to us even though we were really nervous and stutter (At least I was)
    ~Edith

24. Decker and CJ

Cj And Decker

Thank you juges for comming to judge our projects it was vary nice of you to take time off to judge us.

from the bridge builders

25. Wade D. and Jack G.

Mr. Tingy was a very good stem fair judge. He helped us find a big mistake and said we were pros.

26. Joshua

Thank you for taking your time judging us for steam fair and taking your time of your jobs to judge us and volunteer to judge are projects Thank You!
    From,Joshua

27. Rebecca W.

Thank you for judging us on the projects we worked so hard on! I thought you would be serious judge. Instead you were really nice and not serious at all. I have learned a lot from this experience and won’t be pressured next year.

From,
    Rebecca W.

28. Izzy

THANK YOU JUDGES! it was really nice of you to take your time and judge us. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed it. (I hope you did to) I cant wait to see you next year. I hope you liked my project I tried really hard to get my board ready. so thank you.

29. Kim

THANK YOU JUDGES FOR COMING! It was exciting to have you. You used your time to come that why I am thankful.

30. Ariana D. and Caroline R.

Thank you for giving us your time and for not being a super serious, strict critique. We really enjoyed the STEM experience. We have learned a lot and we will use what we learned in the next four years of science projects.
    From,
    Ariana and Caroline

31. Isabelle N. and Temari T.

Thank you judges for the scores you have given ” The Bounce Counts ” team and ” Buoyancy like a Boss ” team we are very thankful for everything.

Sincerely Isabelle N. and Temari T.

32. Vandana and Ashley

Even though I wasn’t here I think the judges helped are group and was pretty nice to our classmates, I also think that every body liked the judges too!

Ashley- One of the judges helped my group find out that our mean was incorrect. He helped us find the real mean and everything was fine.

33. Guadalupe and Manny

Thank you judges for coming to stem fair judging and you were respectful at listening. Also you were polite to us and friendly. You also enjoyed our ideas. Thanks alot for coming. from, Manny and Guadalupe.

34. Chance and Gianluca

Thank you for taking time to judge our STEM Fair project.
    You took time to read through all of our STEM fair projects and make corrections.

35. Jada S.

Thank you for taking your time to come to our school and judge us. You were very nice when you did it. I thought are score was better than expected! I was a bit nervous at first, but by our second judge I was not nervous at all! Thanks again.
    from Jada

36. Mickai

Thank you for coming and judging us on our STEM Fair projects. Thank you for being so nice to all of us even when were nervous.