18 Comments

1. Alvi Mom

Hello,
    It’s nice to see the learning that is taking place @ LL, thanks to everyone who is involved in teaching our children.

Mrs.Myers’s slide show is not working. Is it possible to fix it?

Thank you.

• Deidre Austen

Thank you for commenting on our blog – we love hearing from our community!

Can you let me know what you see when you try to open the slide show from Mrs. Myers’ class? Is there a message that you see on your screen? I was just able to view the slideshow from my school computer without any problem. I do know that some work places will block some web 2.0 tools. Have you tried viewing from your home computer or your smart phone? I will be in the iLab (room 9) at Back to School Night tonight (9-22) if you are visiting. You can stop by and we can trouble shoot together.

Thanks again for being part of our on-line learning community!

2. Camille K.

I think that it is really cool that the younger kids are learning the life cycle before they get to old. Also I think that it is really fun how they got to make the models for a better understanding. I also think that the first graders did a great job.

3. RJ .B

Hey guys!

I think that looks very fun. When I was in the 1st grade we did not get to do that. It looks like you guys did a very good job. What was your favorite part about it?

4. Anna M.

The First Graders did a great job making their models. I thought it was very cool that they got to use those big models to understand they life cycle better. Great job first graders!

• Deidre Austen

Thank you for commenting, Luca. I like how you asked a question to get our first graders involved in this conversation.

I was a little confused by the abbreviation and symbols in your comment, and others may be confused too. Please reply to this comment with an edited version of your comment. Remember to spell out all words and use correct ending punctuation.

Thank you for modeling the correct way to respond for all of our students!

5. Brendan C.

I agree with Camille it is good that they get to see the specific details of the life cycle in 3D this young. It must be very fun and educational for them. It is good that they are learning it this young because they will remember.

6. Sarah E.

I think the first graders are doing great things when they learn. I also think it was a great idea to use visuals, because some kids are visual learners. Awesome learning first graders!

7. Victoria R.

I think that it is awesome how the first graders got to use the models to better understand the monarch life cycle. The models are better than just a peice of paper with the life cycle on it.

8. James T.

I Think That It Is Great That The 1st- Graders Are Learning The Cycle Becuase Now The 1st- Graders
    Can Admire The Stages Of The Moanrchs And See Them Grow In Every Way! Keep Up The Great Work 1st- Grader! 🙂

• Deidre Austen

Thank you for commenting, James. I know our first graders will love reading your positive feedback.

I’m a little confused by all of the capital letters in your comment. Would you please reply to this comment and rewrite your comment with only the necessary capital letters (beginning of the sentence)?

Thank you for helping us all communicate clearly. 🙂

9. Josh L.

I think its good for the first graders to learn the life cycle so they could compare the life cycle of the butterfly to another life cycle.

10. Gavin H.

I think it was a good idea to use 3D models so the first graders could have a better understanding. I also think it’s a good time to learn the basic life cycle for them to get ready for monarchs next year. They did a really good job.