14 Comments

1. Shiqi Y.

The salad was good! I thought it was very intreasting that you can grow vegatables in a tower. You know it is organic with no pestisides because the environmental club grew it inside our school.

• Filip M.

Yes, it is interesting that you can grow plants in a tower. I’m not completely sure but I think the air in the tower has lots of humidity and that these drops of water have nutrients. The plants take the water and nutrients from the air and use them to grow.

• Deidre Austen

Shiqi, you make a very good point about our salad being especially healthy because the lettuce has no pesticides or chemicals. Thanks for thinking of that and sharing!

2. Dante

I think this is so cool. Especially the vegetable tower. I have never seen a school with a tower full of vegetables. Salads have good lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and carrots. I love this school!

3. Lucia B.

The salad was super delicious. The salad was one of the best salads I have ever tasted. It was very different in a good way. If you bought salad at a supermarket it would taste very watery and wouldn’t taste like anything. The salads we grew was very moist and had a great taste. I hope the 5th grade can do it again this year!

4. Sheila K.

I loved salad day, it was awesome, and the salad is fresh, crunchy, and delicious. My friends and I just wanted more and more, the salad was perfect for those who are allergic my friend is allergic to the dressing all she had is not put the ranch! Thanks Mrs. Austen, for growing the lettuce even Environmental club and others who helped like me!

• Deidre Austen

Great description of the salad, Sheila! I hope the 4th and 3rd graders enjoy their salad day next week as much as you did!

5. Lila

I loved the salad it tasted really good! I like how we’re going green. It’s really cool that we’re planting lettuce to eat. We should definitely do it again!